One of the biggest misconceptions when it comes to homeownership is that a granite countertop is incredibly expensive. In reality, granite countertops can cost anywhere from $4,000-50,000 for a typical kitchen or bathroom. However, this doesn’t mean you have to break the bank in order to get one. You just need to know what components should be considered and by following these steps you can buy the best granite slab for your home at an affordable price!
- Find a reputable installer near your location. Location matters because different quarries are used across the country and not all quarries offer good quality slabs so an area near you could bring better deals on local installation costs;
- Beware of scams. Some dealers will rip you off so it’s important to find a reputable dealer who has a good customer feedback;
- Know what you’re getting for the price. Make sure you get the right slab for your home because many people end up paying more in the long run because they bought an unsuitable slab;
- Understand the price list. The price of granite is determined by different factors and one should understand how each step of its production affects the price;
- Visit sample rooms and make comparisons. A good dealer would not mind letting you see other people’s samples as it helps him earn your trust which eventually turns into sales;
- Get a warranty. A guarantee is reassuring and it should be included in the price;
- Take care of your slab. Granite is one of the most durable materials out there but if you are too careless, it will suffer long term damage which can affect its original appearance;
- VET the dealer’s reputation. When it comes to buying a countertop, you should know that reputation matters so find reviews and comments that can help you determine whether or not you should work with a given dealer;
- Price match or negotiate. Many dealers may match prices or cut deals to land customers so use this to your advantage;
- Learn about different designs and options. Granite comes in many shapes and sizes so make sure you know what size you need and what type of design would suit the home.
Even with the price, granite is a good investment which adds to your home’s value. Overall, many people see granite as a sign of wealth and when installed in their homes, it makes their house luxurious. Granite countertops are typically long lasting so they can be kept for years while it adds to the value of the home. Since granite has no odor or stain, it won’t fade from washing or food spills thus making it perfect for kitchens where cooking is done daily.
Granite countertops look elegant on the home’s surface and have no cracks or flaws. An impressive feature that most people do not know about granite is that it weighs very little but is strong. Granite can be found in a wide range of colors which makes it easy to match with different colors of interior designs.
A granite countertop is a great investment for your home because of its long lasting worth.
However, you have to keep in mind that these counters are not very cheap and you can only get good quality slabs from a reputable dealer so your investment will be worth it!
To get the best deal on granite, you need to find a good and reliable dealer near your area.
If you follow the steps above, then buying the right slab of granite will be easy for you.